EXCLUSIVE: Joshua Sasse (Rogue) has landed the lead in ABC’s single-camera pilot Galavant, a comedy fairytale written by Dan Fogelman, with Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken writing the music. Also cast in the project, produced by ABC Studios, are Karen David (BBC’s Waterloo Road), Mallory Jansen and Luke Youngblood (NBC’s Community). Galavant centers on handsome Prince Galavant (Sasse) — a classic once-upon-a-time hero, complete with sword, horse, great hair, courage, mad skills (like dragon-slaying and helping the poor) — and his quest for revenge over the evil King Richard who stole his one true love, the beautiful Madalena (Janesen). To Galavant’s shock, Madalena decided she prefers the King and his wealth and power to the love of penniless Galavant. David, repped by Abrams Artists, Optimism Entertainment and Mark Temple, plays the female lead, Isabella, a princess and the daughter of the King and Queen of Valencia, whose country has been conquered by King Richard, and she seeks out Galavant. Youngblood, repped by Talent Works, Marshak/Zachary and Stone, Meyer, plays Sid, Galavant’s squire, who’s doing his best to get the drunken, broke Galavant to get back in the saddle again after the heartbreak of Madalena. They join previously cast Vinnie Jones. Sasse is with ICM Talent, Olivia Bell Management and Authentic Talent; Jansen is with Innovative and Thruline.
‘Galavant’ Pilot Casts Lead, 3 Other Roles
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”