EXCLUSIVE: Joshua Sasse (Rogue) has landed the lead in ABC’s single-camera pilot Galavant, a comedy fairytale written by Dan Fogelman, with Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken writing the music. Also cast in the project, produced by ABC Studios, are Karen David (BBC’s Waterloo Road), Mallory Jansen and Luke Youngblood (NBC’s Community). Galavant centers on handsome Prince Galavant (Sasse) — a classic once-upon-a-time hero, complete with sword, horse, great hair, courage, mad skills (like dragon-slaying and helping the poor) — and his quest for revenge over the evil King Richard who stole his one true love, the beautiful Madalena (Janesen). To Galavant’s shock, Madalena decided she prefers the King and his wealth and power to the love of penniless Galavant. David, repped by Abrams Artists, Optimism Entertainment and Mark Temple, plays the female lead, Isabella, a princess and the daughter of the King and Queen of Valencia, whose country has been conquered by King Richard, and she seeks out Galavant. Youngblood, repped by Talent Works, Marshak/Zachary and Stone, Meyer, plays Sid, Galavant’s squire, who’s doing his best to get the drunken, broke Galavant to get back in the saddle again after the heartbreak of Madalena. They join previously cast Vinnie Jones. Sasse is with ICM Talent, Olivia Bell Management and Authentic Talent; Jansen is with Innovative and Thruline.
‘Galavant’ Pilot Casts Lead, 3 Other Roles
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over