EXCLUSIVE: Joshua Sasse (Rogue) has landed the lead in ABC’s single-camera pilot Galavant, a comedy fairytale written by Dan Fogelman, with Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken writing the music. Also cast in the project, produced by ABC Studios, are Karen David (BBC’s Waterloo Road), Mallory Jansen and Luke Youngblood (NBC’s Community). Galavant centers on handsome Prince Galavant (Sasse) — a classic once-upon-a-time hero, complete with sword, horse, great hair, courage, mad skills (like dragon-slaying and helping the poor) — and his quest for revenge over the evil King Richard who stole his one true love, the beautiful Madalena (Janesen). To Galavant’s shock, Madalena decided she prefers the King and his wealth and power to the love of penniless Galavant. David, repped by Abrams Artists, Optimism Entertainment and Mark Temple, plays the female lead, Isabella, a princess and the daughter of the King and Queen of Valencia, whose country has been conquered by King Richard, and she seeks out Galavant. Youngblood, repped by Talent Works, Marshak/Zachary and Stone, Meyer, plays Sid, Galavant’s squire, who’s doing his best to get the drunken, broke Galavant to get back in the saddle again after the heartbreak of Madalena. They join previously cast Vinnie Jones. Sasse is with ICM Talent, Olivia Bell Management and Authentic Talent; Jansen is with Innovative and Thruline.
‘Galavant’ Pilot Casts Lead, 3 Other Roles
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot