EXCLUSIVE: Joshua Sasse (Rogue) has landed the lead in ABC’s single-camera pilot Galavant, a comedy fairytale written by Dan Fogelman, with Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken writing the music. Also cast in the project, produced by ABC Studios, are Karen David (BBC’s Waterloo Road), Mallory Jansen and Luke Youngblood (NBC’s Community). Galavant centers on handsome Prince Galavant (Sasse) — a classic once-upon-a-time hero, complete with sword, horse, great hair, courage, mad skills (like dragon-slaying and helping the poor) — and his quest for revenge over the evil King Richard who stole his one true love, the beautiful Madalena (Janesen). To Galavant’s shock, Madalena decided she prefers the King and his wealth and power to the love of penniless Galavant. David, repped by Abrams Artists, Optimism Entertainment and Mark Temple, plays the female lead, Isabella, a princess and the daughter of the King and Queen of Valencia, whose country has been conquered by King Richard, and she seeks out Galavant. Youngblood, repped by Talent Works, Marshak/Zachary and Stone, Meyer, plays Sid, Galavant’s squire, who’s doing his best to get the drunken, broke Galavant to get back in the saddle again after the heartbreak of Madalena. They join previously cast Vinnie Jones. Sasse is with ICM Talent, Olivia Bell Management and Authentic Talent; Jansen is with Innovative and Thruline.
‘Galavant’ Pilot Casts Lead, 3 Other Roles
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer