Fox today made it official, ordering a second installment of Gordon Ramsay‘s cooking competition series MasterChef Junior. “MasterChef Junior is one of the few shows on television that the entire family can truly enjoy together, and I can’t wait to see what Gordon, Joe, Graham and the next round of rambunctious, ridiculously talented junior chefs cook up in Season Two,” said Fox chairman Kevin Reilly. MasterChef Jr., produced by Shine America, had a solid first season this fall, averaging 5.1 million total viewers and ranking No. 1 in its Friday 8 PM time period among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens. MasterChef Jr. improved Fox’s performance in the hour versus last year by +58% among Adults 18-49 and averaged a +50% lift from its Live + Same Day to its Live +7 Adults 18-49 rating – the largest percentage gain of any unscripted series on the Big 4 networks. MasterChef Jr. features aspiring chefs between the ages of eight and 13 competing in food challenges. On the judging panel, host Ramsay is joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich and chef Graham Elliot.
Fox’s ‘MasterChef Junior’ Picked Up For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'