Fox today made it official, ordering a second installment of Gordon Ramsay‘s cooking competition series MasterChef Junior. “MasterChef Junior is one of the few shows on television that the entire family can truly enjoy together, and I can’t wait to see what Gordon, Joe, Graham and the next round of rambunctious, ridiculously talented junior chefs cook up in Season Two,” said Fox chairman Kevin Reilly. MasterChef Jr., produced by Shine America, had a solid first season this fall, averaging 5.1 million total viewers and ranking No. 1 in its Friday 8 PM time period among Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and Teens. MasterChef Jr. improved Fox’s performance in the hour versus last year by +58% among Adults 18-49 and averaged a +50% lift from its Live + Same Day to its Live +7 Adults 18-49 rating – the largest percentage gain of any unscripted series on the Big 4 networks. MasterChef Jr. features aspiring chefs between the ages of eight and 13 competing in food challenges. On the judging panel, host Ramsay is joined by restaurateur and winemaker Joe Bastianich and chef Graham Elliot.
Fox’s ‘MasterChef Junior’ Picked Up For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- Jimmy Perry Dies: British TV Writer-Creator Was 93