EXCLUSIVE: Fox 21 has optioned the Chas Smith book Welcome To Paradise, Now Go To Hell: A True Story Of Violence, Corruption And The Soul Of Surfing to adapt into an hourlong drama for cable. Television 360 is producing along with Justin Manask, who manages the author. The book was just published by HarperCollins. A former war reporter turned editor at large for Surfing Magazine, Smith has written about the adrenaline and crime-filled world of surfing on Oahu’s North Shore. For two months in the winter, the Pacific storms create monstrous waves that draw surfers from all over the world in search of building-sized waves. It transforms the laid back coastal towns into a mecca for surfers, but often a nightmare for residents because of the collision of surf and crime. That counterculture seems an interesting one to explore for cable. Manask and attorney Darren Trattner made the deal with Gotham lit agent Ryan Fischer-Harbage.
Fox 21 Options Surf Saga ‘Welcome To Paradise, Now Go To Hell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Tony DiSanto’s DIGA Ups Tommy Coriale To General Manager, Sets ‘Jerky Boys’, Neil Strauss, Jay Sankey, Traci…
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Down, ‘Odd Couple’ & ‘The 100’ Rise, ‘Game Of Silence’ Even Against…
- NFL Draft Day 1 Ratings Lowest For ESPN Since 2013
- Kristen Hager Joins ‘The Kennedys: After Camelot’ Miniseries On Reelz
- ITV Taps USA Network Exec Jessica Sebastian As SVP Development
- Netflix Orders ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series