EXCLUSIVE: Fox 21 has optioned the Chas Smith book Welcome To Paradise, Now Go To Hell: A True Story Of Violence, Corruption And The Soul Of Surfing to adapt into an hourlong drama for cable. Television 360 is producing along with Justin Manask, who manages the author. The book was just published by HarperCollins. A former war reporter turned editor at large for Surfing Magazine, Smith has written about the adrenaline and crime-filled world of surfing on Oahu’s North Shore. For two months in the winter, the Pacific storms create monstrous waves that draw surfers from all over the world in search of building-sized waves. It transforms the laid back coastal towns into a mecca for surfers, but often a nightmare for residents because of the collision of surf and crime. That counterculture seems an interesting one to explore for cable. Manask and attorney Darren Trattner made the deal with Gotham lit agent Ryan Fischer-Harbage.
Fox 21 Options Surf Saga ‘Welcome To Paradise, Now Go To Hell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…