Oscar-winner Marcia Gay Harden has joined the cast of Universal and Focus Features’ erotic adaptation of EL James‘s Fifty Shades Of Grey. She’ll play Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey, the adoptive physician mama of emotionally damaged billionaire Christian Grey and his siblings Mia and Elliot. Dr. Grace Grey is the pediatrician who cares for 4-year-old Christian when his birth mother (or “the crack whore,” as Fifty Shades readers may know her) dies. She’s also the one who inadvertently introduces Christian to his cougar lover Elena from whom he learns his BDSM ways. Harden recently wrapped Woody Allen‘s Magic in the Moonlight and stars on HBO’s The Newsroom and ABC’s Trophy Wife. Jamie Dornan has been set to play Christian opposite Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele in the pic directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, which will now hit theaters February 13, 2015. Rita Ora joined Fifty Shades yesterday as the production fleshes out its supporting cast, which also includes Eloise Mumford as Kate, Anastasia’s BFF/roommate; Luke Grimes as Christian’s brother Elliot; Victor Rasuk as Anastasia’s friend José; Jennifer Ehle as Anastasia’s mother Carla; and Max Martini as Christian Grey’s bodyguard Jason Taylor. Harden is repped by UTA, manager Maryellen Mulcahy of Framework Entertainment and attorneys James Adams and Ira Schreck.
‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Ropes Marcia Gay Harden As Christian Grey’s Mother
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal: Sundance
- Wanda Chief Predicts Comeback In 2018 After 10.8% Revenue Drop In 2017
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- Andrea Riseborough And ‘Nancy’ Director Christina Choe On Finding Truth In Fiction – Sundance Studio
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…