Joel Potrykus‘ Ape nabbed Best New Director and Best First Feature honors at the Locarno Film Festival. Today Factory 25 announces it has acquired world rights to the ultra low-budget pic that looks at the troubled life of Trevor Newandyke, a struggling comedian and pryomaniac. The film, written and directed by Potrykus, stars Joshua Burge, Gary Bosek, Daniel Falicki, Jason Roth, Gary Perrine, Kevin Clancy, Reynadlo Herrera, Jarrod Napierkowski, Teri Nelson and Benjamin Riley. It was produced by Mike Saunders, Sarah Keen and Ashley Young and exec produced by Kevin Clancy. The film will premiere in New York as part of The Museum of the Moving Image’s First Look Series on January 18 followed by theatrical dates through the spring. Factory 25 also will be releasing the film digitally on February 25th via cable VOD, iTunes, Amazon, VUDU, X-Box, Google Play, Sony Playstation and other digital outlets.
Factory 25 Acquires Joel Potrykus’ ‘Ape’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?