Joel Potrykus‘ Ape nabbed Best New Director and Best First Feature honors at the Locarno Film Festival. Today Factory 25 announces it has acquired world rights to the ultra low-budget pic that looks at the troubled life of Trevor Newandyke, a struggling comedian and pryomaniac. The film, written and directed by Potrykus, stars Joshua Burge, Gary Bosek, Daniel Falicki, Jason Roth, Gary Perrine, Kevin Clancy, Reynadlo Herrera, Jarrod Napierkowski, Teri Nelson and Benjamin Riley. It was produced by Mike Saunders, Sarah Keen and Ashley Young and exec produced by Kevin Clancy. The film will premiere in New York as part of The Museum of the Moving Image’s First Look Series on January 18 followed by theatrical dates through the spring. Factory 25 also will be releasing the film digitally on February 25th via cable VOD, iTunes, Amazon, VUDU, X-Box, Google Play, Sony Playstation and other digital outlets.
Factory 25 Acquires Joel Potrykus’ ‘Ape’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest