Joel Potrykus‘ Ape nabbed Best New Director and Best First Feature honors at the Locarno Film Festival. Today Factory 25 announces it has acquired world rights to the ultra low-budget pic that looks at the troubled life of Trevor Newandyke, a struggling comedian and pryomaniac. The film, written and directed by Potrykus, stars Joshua Burge, Gary Bosek, Daniel Falicki, Jason Roth, Gary Perrine, Kevin Clancy, Reynadlo Herrera, Jarrod Napierkowski, Teri Nelson and Benjamin Riley. It was produced by Mike Saunders, Sarah Keen and Ashley Young and exec produced by Kevin Clancy. The film will premiere in New York as part of The Museum of the Moving Image’s First Look Series on January 18 followed by theatrical dates through the spring. Factory 25 also will be releasing the film digitally on February 25th via cable VOD, iTunes, Amazon, VUDU, X-Box, Google Play, Sony Playstation and other digital outlets.
Factory 25 Acquires Joel Potrykus’ ‘Ape’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'