Eric Ladin has been cast as a regular in The Brink, HBO’s pilot directed by Jay Roach from a script by Roberto Benabib and Kim Benabib and exec produced by Jerry Weintraub. The Brink is an epic dark comedy focusing on a geopolitical crisis and its effect on three disparate and desperate men: U.S. Secretary of State Walter Hollander (Tim Robbins); Alex Coppins (Jack Black), a lowly Foreign Service officer; and Zeke Callahan (Pablo Schreiber), an ace Navy fighter pilot. Ladin will play Lieutenant Glenn Taylor, Callahan’s ace wingman. This is the latest HBO gig for Ladin, who got his break on the pay cable network’s miniseries Generation Kill. He went on to recur on HBO’s Big Love and, most recently, on Boardwalk Empire, where he played J. Edgar Hoover. This marks a rare foray into comedy for Ladin, who is known for drama roles, including stints on Mad Men and The Killing. He is with Innovative and Main Title.
Eric Ladin Joins HBO Pilot ‘The Brink’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot