EXCLUSIVE: After appearing in almost all episodes of The Bridge‘s first season, recurring cast members Emily Rios and Matthew Lillard are being promoted to regulars for Season 2. The move also signals their characters’ increasing importance in the upcoming storyline. Rios and Lillard play El Paso Times reporters Ariana Mendez and Daniel Frye. In the season one finale, the two came across a home filled with cash that will lead to an investigation on both sides of the border in the second season. The Bridge also is undergoing a behind-the-scenes change, with Meredith Stiehm, who developed the series with Elwood Reid and served as executive producer/co-showrunner on Season 1, returning to Showtime’s Homeland full-time, with Reid taking over day-to-day-responsibilities on The Bridge. (Stiehm remains an executive producer.) Rios, repped by Domain and Kass Management, is probably best known for playing Jessie Pinkman’s ill-fated girlfriend Andrea Cantillo on Breaking Bad. She also has recurred on Men Of A Certain Age and Friday Night Lights. Lillard is best known for the Scooby-Doo and Scream franchises.
Emily Rios & Matthew Lillard Promoted To Regulars On FX’s ‘The Bridge’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow