EXCLUSIVE: After appearing in almost all episodes of The Bridge‘s first season, recurring cast members Emily Rios and Matthew Lillard are being promoted to regulars for Season 2. The move also signals their characters’ increasing importance in the upcoming storyline. Rios and Lillard play El Paso Times reporters Ariana Mendez and Daniel Frye. In the season one finale, the two came across a home filled with cash that will lead to an investigation on both sides of the border in the second season. The Bridge also is undergoing a behind-the-scenes change, with Meredith Stiehm, who developed the series with Elwood Reid and served as executive producer/co-showrunner on Season 1, returning to Showtime’s Homeland full-time, with Reid taking over day-to-day-responsibilities on The Bridge. (Stiehm remains an executive producer.) Rios, repped by Domain and Kass Management, is probably best known for playing Jessie Pinkman’s ill-fated girlfriend Andrea Cantillo on Breaking Bad. She also has recurred on Men Of A Certain Age and Friday Night Lights. Lillard is best known for the Scooby-Doo and Scream franchises.
Emily Rios & Matthew Lillard Promoted To Regulars On FX’s ‘The Bridge’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future