EXCLUSIVE: After appearing in almost all episodes of The Bridge‘s first season, recurring cast members Emily Rios and Matthew Lillard are being promoted to regulars for Season 2. The move also signals their characters’ increasing importance in the upcoming storyline. Rios and Lillard play El Paso Times reporters Ariana Mendez and Daniel Frye. In the season one finale, the two came across a home filled with cash that will lead to an investigation on both sides of the border in the second season. The Bridge also is undergoing a behind-the-scenes change, with Meredith Stiehm, who developed the series with Elwood Reid and served as executive producer/co-showrunner on Season 1, returning to Showtime’s Homeland full-time, with Reid taking over day-to-day-responsibilities on The Bridge. (Stiehm remains an executive producer.) Rios, repped by Domain and Kass Management, is probably best known for playing Jessie Pinkman’s ill-fated girlfriend Andrea Cantillo on Breaking Bad. She also has recurred on Men Of A Certain Age and Friday Night Lights. Lillard is best known for the Scooby-Doo and Scream franchises.
Emily Rios & Matthew Lillard Promoted To Regulars On FX’s ‘The Bridge’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox