EXCLUSIVE: After appearing in almost all episodes of The Bridge‘s first season, recurring cast members Emily Rios and Matthew Lillard are being promoted to regulars for Season 2. The move also signals their characters’ increasing importance in the upcoming storyline. Rios and Lillard play El Paso Times reporters Ariana Mendez and Daniel Frye. In the season one finale, the two came across a home filled with cash that will lead to an investigation on both sides of the border in the second season. The Bridge also is undergoing a behind-the-scenes change, with Meredith Stiehm, who developed the series with Elwood Reid and served as executive producer/co-showrunner on Season 1, returning to Showtime’s Homeland full-time, with Reid taking over day-to-day-responsibilities on The Bridge. (Stiehm remains an executive producer.) Rios, repped by Domain and Kass Management, is probably best known for playing Jessie Pinkman’s ill-fated girlfriend Andrea Cantillo on Breaking Bad. She also has recurred on Men Of A Certain Age and Friday Night Lights. Lillard is best known for the Scooby-Doo and Scream franchises.
Emily Rios & Matthew Lillard Promoted To Regulars On FX’s ‘The Bridge’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Kate Del Castillo Netflix Series ‘Ingobernable’ To Film In U.S.
- Hulu Confirms Skinny Bundle & Live Nation Concert Deal – Newfront
- Stacey Dash Cast As Chicago Mayor In ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’ Amid Slew Of Cameos
- Telemundo Studios Promotes Two Key Scripted Executives
- Hulu Renews ‘Mindy Project’ For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More…
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm