EXCLUSIVE: After appearing in almost all episodes of The Bridge‘s first season, recurring cast members Emily Rios and Matthew Lillard are being promoted to regulars for Season 2. The move also signals their characters’ increasing importance in the upcoming storyline. Rios and Lillard play El Paso Times reporters Ariana Mendez and Daniel Frye. In the season one finale, the two came across a home filled with cash that will lead to an investigation on both sides of the border in the second season. The Bridge also is undergoing a behind-the-scenes change, with Meredith Stiehm, who developed the series with Elwood Reid and served as executive producer/co-showrunner on Season 1, returning to Showtime’s Homeland full-time, with Reid taking over day-to-day-responsibilities on The Bridge. (Stiehm remains an executive producer.) Rios, repped by Domain and Kass Management, is probably best known for playing Jessie Pinkman’s ill-fated girlfriend Andrea Cantillo on Breaking Bad. She also has recurred on Men Of A Certain Age and Friday Night Lights. Lillard is best known for the Scooby-Doo and Scream franchises.
Emily Rios & Matthew Lillard Promoted To Regulars On FX’s ‘The Bridge’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists