Ellen‘s popular 12 Days Of Giveaway year-end stint is bringing record ratings this year. After matching its highest weekly household rating (3.0) and viewership (4.1 million) in three years during the week leading to the giveaway (Nov. 25-29), Ellen set a new viewership high the following week, Dec. 2 (3.0 HH rating, 4.2 million), which included the first two days of giveaway. Then the week of Dec. 9, which featured five days of giveaways, the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted show set records in both categories, averaging a 3.2 HH rating and 4.4 million total viewers. It finished neck and neck with the syndication talk show rating leader Dr. Phil (3.3). Celebrities visiting the show the week of Dec. 9 included Jake Gyllenhaal, Lea Michele and Tom Hanks. Ellen likely will match or set new high marks with the conclusion of the giveaway stint during the week of Dec. 16 when ratings are released next week.
‘Ellen’ Hits Series Highs With Giveaways
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate