Ellen‘s popular 12 Days Of Giveaway year-end stint is bringing record ratings this year. After matching its highest weekly household rating (3.0) and viewership (4.1 million) in three years during the week leading to the giveaway (Nov. 25-29), Ellen set a new viewership high the following week, Dec. 2 (3.0 HH rating, 4.2 million), which included the first two days of giveaway. Then the week of Dec. 9, which featured five days of giveaways, the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted show set records in both categories, averaging a 3.2 HH rating and 4.4 million total viewers. It finished neck and neck with the syndication talk show rating leader Dr. Phil (3.3). Celebrities visiting the show the week of Dec. 9 included Jake Gyllenhaal, Lea Michele and Tom Hanks. Ellen likely will match or set new high marks with the conclusion of the giveaway stint during the week of Dec. 16 when ratings are released next week.
‘Ellen’ Hits Series Highs With Giveaways
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot