Ellen‘s popular 12 Days Of Giveaway year-end stint is bringing record ratings this year. After matching its highest weekly household rating (3.0) and viewership (4.1 million) in three years during the week leading to the giveaway (Nov. 25-29), Ellen set a new viewership high the following week, Dec. 2 (3.0 HH rating, 4.2 million), which included the first two days of giveaway. Then the week of Dec. 9, which featured five days of giveaways, the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted show set records in both categories, averaging a 3.2 HH rating and 4.4 million total viewers. It finished neck and neck with the syndication talk show rating leader Dr. Phil (3.3). Celebrities visiting the show the week of Dec. 9 included Jake Gyllenhaal, Lea Michele and Tom Hanks. Ellen likely will match or set new high marks with the conclusion of the giveaway stint during the week of Dec. 16 when ratings are released next week.
‘Ellen’ Hits Series Highs With Giveaways
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'