Ellen‘s popular 12 Days Of Giveaway year-end stint is bringing record ratings this year. After matching its highest weekly household rating (3.0) and viewership (4.1 million) in three years during the week leading to the giveaway (Nov. 25-29), Ellen set a new viewership high the following week, Dec. 2 (3.0 HH rating, 4.2 million), which included the first two days of giveaway. Then the week of Dec. 9, which featured five days of giveaways, the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted show set records in both categories, averaging a 3.2 HH rating and 4.4 million total viewers. It finished neck and neck with the syndication talk show rating leader Dr. Phil (3.3). Celebrities visiting the show the week of Dec. 9 included Jake Gyllenhaal, Lea Michele and Tom Hanks. Ellen likely will match or set new high marks with the conclusion of the giveaway stint during the week of Dec. 16 when ratings are released next week.
‘Ellen’ Hits Series Highs With Giveaways
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'