Ellen‘s popular 12 Days Of Giveaway year-end stint is bringing record ratings this year. After matching its highest weekly household rating (3.0) and viewership (4.1 million) in three years during the week leading to the giveaway (Nov. 25-29), Ellen set a new viewership high the following week, Dec. 2 (3.0 HH rating, 4.2 million), which included the first two days of giveaway. Then the week of Dec. 9, which featured five days of giveaways, the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted show set records in both categories, averaging a 3.2 HH rating and 4.4 million total viewers. It finished neck and neck with the syndication talk show rating leader Dr. Phil (3.3). Celebrities visiting the show the week of Dec. 9 included Jake Gyllenhaal, Lea Michele and Tom Hanks. Ellen likely will match or set new high marks with the conclusion of the giveaway stint during the week of Dec. 16 when ratings are released next week.
‘Ellen’ Hits Series Highs With Giveaways
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox