Nearly 9 million tuned in to A&E Networks one-hour Duck Dynasty Christmas special last night. While that’s not the show’s biggest crowd this year — the Season 4 premiere clocked nearly 12 million –– it’s a nearly 40% spike compared to last year’s holiday special. In its 10 PM slot, that 9 million included 4.6 million in the 25-54 demo and 4.5 million in the 18-49 demo, a jump of 21% and 15%, respectively. That’s great news for A&E — and for the makers of Chia Pet, who are promoting Duck Dynasty Chia Pets during the holiday shopping season. The show’s Season 4 debut is still on the books as the No. 1-rated nonfiction series telecast in cable history and is the series’ best season to date, ratings-wise. Season 5 is set to premiere January 15.
‘Duck Dynasty’ Christmas Special Delivers 8.9 Million Viewers To A&E
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture