EXCLUSIVE: Doug Liman has signed with CAA. Liman had followed his longtime agent Adam Kanter to Resolution, but has returned to the CAA fold. Liman, who left his TV business at CAA, will be repped in all areas. The helmer, whose big credits include Mr. And Mrs. Smith, most recently completed Edge Of Tomorrow, the science fiction film for Warner Bros that stars Tom Cruise. He’s next committed to direct the recently retitled Sony Pictures historical film The Summit, which is slated to begin production in mid-March. That is the Sheldon Turner-scripted story of George Mallory, the famous British mountaineer who rallied a nation with his attempts to conquer Everest before his Australian rival George Finch. This has gone a couple different ways in casting, but now it looks like Tom Hardy might well play Mallory (he was first choice but temporarily dropped due to scheduling) and that Luke Evans might play Finch. That pic is being produced by Jennifer Klein, Liman and David Bartis.
Director Doug Liman Returns To CAA
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest