EXCLUSIVE: Former Just Shoot Me and Rules Of Engagement star David Spade is headed to HBO with a new comedy. The pay cable network is in negotiations for the untitled project Spade will co-write with comedy writer Dean Lorey (The Crazy Ones). It centers on Shane, once the biggest rock and roll manager in LA, who struggles to stay relevant in a constantly changing music scene fueled by techno, hip-hop and his newly signed pop Christian boy band The Five Commandments. There is no acting deal in the works with Spade, but the script is written as a starring vehicle for him, with an intention for him to play Shane if the project gets the green light. HBO has a track record with comedy series featuring larger-than-life agents/managers that includes the long-running Arli$$, Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Spade’s writing resume includes Saturday Night Live, where he was a cast member; his series The Showbiz Show With David Spade; and two of his feature starring vehicles, Joe Dirt and Lost & Found. He recently shot his own Comedy Central special to air next year and was last seen in summer hit feature Grown-Ups 2. Spade is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment.
David Spade To Co-Write & Potentially Star In Music Industry Comedy Project For HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices