Comedy Central is locking in its flagship series for three more years, giving Daniel Tosh’s Tosh.0 a three-season renewal. The first new season under the deal, the upcoming Season 6, will consist of 30 episodes and will premiere on February 18. The renewal news comes as Tosh.0 wraps its fifth season tonight. “We believe Tosh.0 has the potential to resonate with our audience, and we want to give it time to connect,” Comedy Central’s president Kent Alterman quipped. Added Tosh, “I am extremely fortunate and very grateful that I can continue to work with such fun and talented people on a very supportive network. Sorry for the lack of snark – I will leave that open for the comments section.” This fall, Tosh.0 ranks as the #1 entertainment series on all of television on Tuesday nights among Men 18-24. It averages 3.0 million total viewers and a 2.2 in Adults 18-49. Three-year renewals are reserved only for top performers. Comedy Central’s other marquee primetime series, South Park, also has a three-season pickup, and the network’s highly rated late-night franchises The Daily Show and The Colbert Report also get multi-year orders.
Comedy Central’s ‘Tosh.0′ Gets Three-Year Renewal
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony: No Full PlayStation Network Access Or Gameplay Yet
- LeBron James Return To Miami Helps NBA Ratings Rebound On ABC, Boosts 'Grinch'
- Fall TV 2014: What Worked, What Didn't & What Lies Ahead In Midseason
- 'The Interview' Release: 331 Theaters Aboard For Christmas Day
- 'The Interview' Forgoes TV Ads To Promote Christmas Release This Time
- One Direction Soft In Primetime, Boost Late Night Ratings For NBC