This is encouraging news for ABC, which committed to Israel’s singing competition Rising Star before the series had finished its original run. The season finale of the interactive talent show Tuesday night drew a 58% audience share, eclipsing its big debut, which averaged a 44.7% share in September. In the closer, the crowd-pleasing Singing Rabbis (watch below their cool “Sound Of Silence” cover from early in the competition) were edged by 20-year-old singer Evyatar Korkus. In its maiden season, Keshet‘s Rising Star averaged a 47.4% share, the second-highest average share for a talent show in Israel behind no-elimination kids show Master Class (48%). Rising Star was #1 in the weekly charts 9 out of 14 weeks it aired, garnering more than 10 million views through the show’s app, which was downloaded by over 1.5 million people in a country with just over 2 million TV homes. Rising Star, one of the hottest formats at MIPCOM in October, has been sold in most major territories while still airing in Israel, including in the U.S. to ABC, which will air its version in summer, and the UK’s ITV.
Big Ratings For ‘Rising Star’ Finale In Israel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement