EXCLUSIVE: Ashley Williams is set to star opposite Jim Gaffigan in Gaffigan’s CBS single-camera comedy pilot. The project, co-written by Gaffigan and Peter Tolan, is inspired by Gaffigan’s real life and stars the comedian as Jim, the happily married and harried NYC father of five. Williams will play Jim’s wife Jeannie, a super-wife and super-mom, possessing a seemingly unlimited storehouse of energy, encouragement, patience and good humor. The Sony TV-produced project was originally ordered to pilot last season, with Mira Sorvino playing Jeannie. It has since been retooled and re-piloted. In addition to Gaffigan, Tongayi Chirisa from the original pilot also was brought back for the new version. Williams, repped by Gersh and Luber Roklin, just completed her first Broadway run in A Time To Kill.
Ashley Williams Set As Female Lead In CBS’ Jim Gaffigan Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams
- Ex-NBA Star Baron Davis Gets Comedy About His Life Produced By Jake Johnson