EXCLUSIVE: Ashley Williams is set to star opposite Jim Gaffigan in Gaffigan’s CBS single-camera comedy pilot. The project, co-written by Gaffigan and Peter Tolan, is inspired by Gaffigan’s real life and stars the comedian as Jim, the happily married and harried NYC father of five. Williams will play Jim’s wife Jeannie, a super-wife and super-mom, possessing a seemingly unlimited storehouse of energy, encouragement, patience and good humor. The Sony TV-produced project was originally ordered to pilot last season, with Mira Sorvino playing Jeannie. It has since been retooled and re-piloted. In addition to Gaffigan, Tongayi Chirisa from the original pilot also was brought back for the new version. Williams, repped by Gersh and Luber Roklin, just completed her first Broadway run in A Time To Kill.
Ashley Williams Set As Female Lead In CBS’ Jim Gaffigan Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips