EXCLUSIVE: Ashley Williams is set to star opposite Jim Gaffigan in Gaffigan’s CBS single-camera comedy pilot. The project, co-written by Gaffigan and Peter Tolan, is inspired by Gaffigan’s real life and stars the comedian as Jim, the happily married and harried NYC father of five. Williams will play Jim’s wife Jeannie, a super-wife and super-mom, possessing a seemingly unlimited storehouse of energy, encouragement, patience and good humor. The Sony TV-produced project was originally ordered to pilot last season, with Mira Sorvino playing Jeannie. It has since been retooled and re-piloted. In addition to Gaffigan, Tongayi Chirisa from the original pilot also was brought back for the new version. Williams, repped by Gersh and Luber Roklin, just completed her first Broadway run in A Time To Kill.
Ashley Williams Set As Female Lead In CBS’ Jim Gaffigan Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over