EXCLUSIVE: Ashley Williams is set to star opposite Jim Gaffigan in Gaffigan’s CBS single-camera comedy pilot. The project, co-written by Gaffigan and Peter Tolan, is inspired by Gaffigan’s real life and stars the comedian as Jim, the happily married and harried NYC father of five. Williams will play Jim’s wife Jeannie, a super-wife and super-mom, possessing a seemingly unlimited storehouse of energy, encouragement, patience and good humor. The Sony TV-produced project was originally ordered to pilot last season, with Mira Sorvino playing Jeannie. It has since been retooled and re-piloted. In addition to Gaffigan, Tongayi Chirisa from the original pilot also was brought back for the new version. Williams, repped by Gersh and Luber Roklin, just completed her first Broadway run in A Time To Kill.
Ashley Williams Set As Female Lead In CBS’ Jim Gaffigan Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series