Season 2 of FX‘s series The Americans will premiere on Wednesday, February 26 at 10 PM, the cable network said today. Let’s see how those premiere numbers compare with the period spy drama’s series premiere, which drew 5.1 million viewers overall and stands as FX’s most-watched drama debut to date — topping the starts of fellow network series like Sons Of Anarchy and American Horror Story. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys star as two sleeper KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban D.C. in the early 1980s. Noah Emmerich, Holly Taylor, Keidrich Sellati, Annet Mahendru, Alison Wright and Susan Misner co-star in the series, produced by Fox Television Studios and FX Prods. The network renewed the series in February with a 13-episode order.
FX’s ‘The Americans’ Returns February 26
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake