EXCLUSIVE: Ali Larter (Varsity Blues, Heroes) is set to lead horror pic The Diabolical, from Preferred Film & TV. She’ll play Madison, a single mother who with her children is awoken nightly by an increasingly strange and intense presence. She seeks help from her scientist boyfriend Nikolai, who begins a hunt to destroy the violet spirit that paranormal experts are too frightened to take on. The Diabolical marks the feature debut of genre-influenced commercials and music video helmer Alistair Legrand, who is directing a script he co-wrote with Luke Harvis. Preferred Film & TV’s Ross Dinerstein is producing. Content Media Corp (CMC) is backing the project and will rep N.A. rights with Preferred Content while CMC’s Jamie Carmichael sells international. Filming begins in February 2014. Larter’s last big screen outing was the 2010 zombie sequel Resident Evil: Afterlife. She also co-stars in TNT’s 2014 spy series Legends. Larter is repped by WME and Water Street Anthem Entertainment.
Ali Larter To Battle ‘The Diabolical’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings