EXCLUSIVE: Ali Larter (Varsity Blues, Heroes) is set to lead horror pic The Diabolical, from Preferred Film & TV. She’ll play Madison, a single mother who with her children is awoken nightly by an increasingly strange and intense presence. She seeks help from her scientist boyfriend Nikolai, who begins a hunt to destroy the violet spirit that paranormal experts are too frightened to take on. The Diabolical marks the feature debut of genre-influenced commercials and music video helmer Alistair Legrand, who is directing a script he co-wrote with Luke Harvis. Preferred Film & TV’s Ross Dinerstein is producing. Content Media Corp (CMC) is backing the project and will rep N.A. rights with Preferred Content while CMC’s Jamie Carmichael sells international. Filming begins in February 2014. Larter’s last big screen outing was the 2010 zombie sequel Resident Evil: Afterlife. She also co-stars in TNT’s 2014 spy series Legends. Larter is repped by WME and Water Street Anthem Entertainment.
Ali Larter To Battle ‘The Diabolical’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- ‘Ordinary World’ Gets Fall Release Date; ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir & T.J. Miller
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’