EXCLUSIVE: Spin City alum Alan Ruck and Byron Mann (Arrow) will co-star opposite Shane Coffey in USA’s drama pilot The Novice, from Joe and Tony Gayton, Fox 21 and 21 Laps/Adelstein. It centers on Kyle (Coffey), a recent college graduate who is forced to move back home with his parents and soon lands a position with a Korean crime organization. Ruck, repped by APA and Mark Teitelbaum, will play Bill Jones, Kyle’s father, a decent and hard-working professional machinist willing to put aside his pride and work as a day laborer in order to pay the bills. Mann, repped by Metropolitan, Echelon Talent, the Marshak/Zachary Co, and Eric Feig, will play Johnny Joo, the impeccably dressed owner of a popular dining establishment and a careful, yet dangerous, man who offers Kyle a position within his organization. He is currently filming Rise Of The Legend in China.
Alan Ruck & Byron Mann Cast In USA Pilot ‘Novice’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot