The longest-running theatrical release of 2013 and will more than triple its screen count Friday — two weeks before Oscar nom balloting begins. Twenty Feet From Stardom, which puts a spotlight on backup singers for some of music’s biggest acts, will expand from 10 to 32 theaters for its 28th week of release. The Oscar-shortlisted documentary, which Radius-TWC picked up at Sundance, is directed by Morgan Neville and stars Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Judith Hill and Darlene Love.
‘Twenty Feet From Stardom’ Docu Expands In Run-Up To Oscar Balloting
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…