The longest-running theatrical release of 2013 and will more than triple its screen count Friday — two weeks before Oscar nom balloting begins. Twenty Feet From Stardom, which puts a spotlight on backup singers for some of music’s biggest acts, will expand from 10 to 32 theaters for its 28th week of release. The Oscar-shortlisted documentary, which Radius-TWC picked up at Sundance, is directed by Morgan Neville and stars Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Judith Hill and Darlene Love.
‘Twenty Feet From Stardom’ Docu Expands In Run-Up To Oscar Balloting
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video