EXCLUSIVE: WME has scored a coup, signing Chris Terrio as the screenwriter comes off winning the Oscar for Argo. Terrio had been repped at CAA. While Terrio’s run goes back to writing and directing the 2005 pic Heights, his ascension to A-list scribe has been fairly recent. Ben Affleck has told me that after carving his previous directing vehicles from the ground up, he could not believe his good fortune when handed Terrio’s Argo script. Since then, Terrio has been writing one high-profile project after another. They include: another project for Argo producers George Clooney and Grant Heslov which is untitled but has Paul Greengrass attached to direct; adapting the Nathaniel Philbrick book Bunker Hill as a potential directing vehicle for Affleck; an adaptation of the Harlan Coben bestseller Tell No One for Universal and Focus; and A Foreigner, which Matt Damon might direct.
WME Signs Hot ‘Argo’ Scribe Chris Terrio
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest Film News
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards: Emmanuel Lubezki Wins Cinematography For ‘The Revenant’
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog
- ‘Deadpool’ Rises To $125M+, ‘Zoolander 2,’ ‘How To Be Single’ Follow – Int’l…
- Lionsgate Acquires UK Rights To ‘Ghost Stories’ – Berlin
- Debbie Harry Joins ‘I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House’ – Berlin