EXCLUSIVE: WME has scored a coup, signing Chris Terrio as the screenwriter comes off winning the Oscar for Argo. Terrio had been repped at CAA. While Terrio’s run goes back to writing and directing the 2005 pic Heights, his ascension to A-list scribe has been fairly recent. Ben Affleck has told me that after carving his previous directing vehicles from the ground up, he could not believe his good fortune when handed Terrio’s Argo script. Since then, Terrio has been writing one high-profile project after another. They include: another project for Argo producers George Clooney and Grant Heslov which is untitled but has Paul Greengrass attached to direct; adapting the Nathaniel Philbrick book Bunker Hill as a potential directing vehicle for Affleck; an adaptation of the Harlan Coben bestseller Tell No One for Universal and Focus; and A Foreigner, which Matt Damon might direct.
WME Signs Hot ‘Argo’ Scribe Chris Terrio
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Let's Be Cops' Helmer Luke Greenfield Closes Fox Deal For Next Pic
- Liam Neeson Sweet On Harlan Coben's 'Tell No One'
- Ridley Scott, Giannina Facio Acquire Faith-Based 'Embraced By The Light'
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'