EXCLUSIVE: Scott Pelley is a star 60 Minutes correspondent and landed the anchor chair at a broadcast nightly newscast without an agent. Imagine what he can do with one. The CBS Evening News anchor and managing editor has signed with WME for representation in all areas. The newscast has been improving since Pelley took over in 2011, currently up 8% season to date among total viewers compared with last year. Emmy winner Pelley has been a correspondent on CBS’ 60 Minutes since 2004, with his segments responsible for half of the major awards won by the venerable newsmagazine. In the field, Pelley was one of the first reporters on the scene after the 9/11 terrorist attack in New York City and also reported extensively from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Pelley previously was CBS News’ Chief White House Correspondent, covering the Clinton administration.
WME Signs ‘CBS Evening News’ Anchor Scott Pelley
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…