This is not a new practice for studios to offer free tickets to eligible voters in an effort to get their awards-season movies seen on the big screen — Warner Bros has done this in the past too. It also cuts down on the number of screeners to send around, in this case to more than 100,000 eligible SAG-AFTRA voters. But this is the first such deal with the Weinstein Co. and Fandango. The studio will offer a pair tickets to any of the company’s films that receive 20th annual Screen Actors Guild Award nominations and are still in theaters — that will include hopefuls like Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom and Philomena. In the initiative announced today, voters will be able to access the offer through a Fandango Rewards webpage that goes live after the noms are announced December 11. The SAG Awards are January 18.
Weinstein Co. Partners With Fandango On Free Movie Tickets For SAG Award Voters
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End
- Taylor Louderman & Alanna Saunders Join 'Peter Pan Live!'
- DeadlineNow Reviews: 'Gotham' (Video)
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Docu His Most Streamed To Date
- 'Lavalantula': Lava-Spewing Tarantulas Attack Los Angeles In Syfy's Latest Schlock-athon