EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired Nemesis, a spec script by Christopher Wheeler that Animal Logic Entertainment, Safehouse Pictures and Weed Road will jointly produce. I don’t recall ever writing a spec script deal story that includes setting someone to do a rewrite. But the Warner Bros deal includes the hiring of a new writer in Craig Rosenberg, the Australian writer who has the Takashi Shimizu -directed 7500 for CBS Films and The Quiet Ones for Lionsgate. How did this happen? Wheeler, the Australian writer who was known as “The Film Pope,” died four years ago at age 40 of natural causes. His script went dormant until Safehouse’s Joby Harold and Tory Tunnell met with Zareh Nalbandian and Jason Lust of Animal Logic and got it going again. Animal Logic had originally developed it. Weed Road’s Akiva Goldsman will produce with Harold, Tunnell, Nalbandian and Lust.
Warner Bros Buys Christopher Wheeler’s ‘Nemesis’ Spec; Craig Rosenberg To Rewrite
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Opens Wednesday Comedy Block With 'Mike & Molly' And '2 Broke Girls', Sets Midseason Premiere Dates
Latest Film News
- Gotham Awards Winners List – ‘Spotlight’, ‘Tangerine’, ‘Diary’ And More
- Bold Films Boards Barbie Origin Story ‘Barbie And Ruth’; Reese Witherspoon Eyed To Star
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Gets China Release Date; Local Poster Unveiled
- Will ‘Star Wars’ Take All The Air Out Of The Christmas Box Office? – Monday B.O. Postmortem
- New ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ Teaser: World’s Finest?
- Gotham Awards 2015 Live Blog