EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has acquired Nemesis, a spec script by Christopher Wheeler that Animal Logic Entertainment, Safehouse Pictures and Weed Road will jointly produce. I don’t recall ever writing a spec script deal story that includes setting someone to do a rewrite. But the Warner Bros deal includes the hiring of a new writer in Craig Rosenberg, the Australian writer who has the Takashi Shimizu -directed 7500 for CBS Films and The Quiet Ones for Lionsgate. How did this happen? Wheeler, the Australian writer who was known as “The Film Pope,” died four years ago at age 40 of natural causes. His script went dormant until Safehouse’s Joby Harold and Tory Tunnell met with Zareh Nalbandian and Jason Lust of Animal Logic and got it going again. Animal Logic had originally developed it. Weed Road’s Akiva Goldsman will produce with Harold, Tunnell, Nalbandian and Lust.
Warner Bros Buys Christopher Wheeler’s ‘Nemesis’ Spec; Craig Rosenberg To Rewrite
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Feature Documentary Submissions Unveiled; 145 In Mix
- Sharon Tate Biopic In Works With Kate Bosworth To Star
- Potential Oscar Sleeper ‘Patriots Day’ Lands AFI Fest Closing-Night Slot
- Casey Affleck Writing & Staring In ‘Villain’, Directed By Swedish Helmer Mikael Marcimain
- Rebecca Ferguson Set To Star In ‘The Lady And The Panda’ – AFM
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate