That’s two in a row on top for the zombie apocalypse. For the second consecutive week AMC’s The Walking Dead has beaten NBC’s NFL Sunday Night Football in the key 18-49 demo to reign supreme in the ratings. In early numbers, the fourth week of the fourth season of the 9 PM ratings powerhouse pulled in 8.7 million viewers among the 18-49s. SNF drew in 8.1 million adults for the Indianapolis Colts 27-24 victory over the Houston Texans last night. That 8% spread is the same as early numbers had last week when The Walking Dead had 8.6 million viewers in the demo compared to 8 million who watched the Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings game on Sunday Night Football. The Walking Dead delivered a 6.8 rating last night while the NBC NFL game got a 6.3. Overall, The Walking Dead attracted 13.3 million viewers, up from last week’s 12.9 million. Preliminary numbers have the viewership for last night’s SNF at 15.34 million. Due to the nature of live events like sports, those SNF numbers could change in the finals later today. The Walking Dead shattered cable records with its Season 4 debut last month.
‘Walking Dead’ Slays NFL ‘Sunday Night Football’ Again In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo