That’s two in a row on top for the zombie apocalypse. For the second consecutive week AMC’s The Walking Dead has beaten NBC’s NFL Sunday Night Football in the key 18-49 demo to reign supreme in the ratings. In early numbers, the fourth week of the fourth season of the 9 PM ratings powerhouse pulled in 8.7 million viewers among the 18-49s. SNF drew in 8.1 million adults for the Indianapolis Colts 27-24 victory over the Houston Texans last night. That 8% spread is the same as early numbers had last week when The Walking Dead had 8.6 million viewers in the demo compared to 8 million who watched the Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings game on Sunday Night Football. The Walking Dead delivered a 6.8 rating last night while the NBC NFL game got a 6.3. Overall, The Walking Dead attracted 13.3 million viewers, up from last week’s 12.9 million. Preliminary numbers have the viewership for last night’s SNF at 15.34 million. Due to the nature of live events like sports, those SNF numbers could change in the finals later today. The Walking Dead shattered cable records with its Season 4 debut last month.
‘Walking Dead’ Slays NFL ‘Sunday Night Football’ Again In Demo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD