The Weinstein Co is unhappy about the R rating slapped on its awards-season hopeful and has launched a second salvo in its battle against the MPAA. Last week it unveiled a clip with Judi Dench reprising her Bond role as M, and now she’s back again — but this time M is deploying a secret weapon: Agent 002, aka Philomena writer, producer and co-star Steve Coogan. After initially confusing MPAA for the little orange guys who worked for “a guy called Wonka,” Coogan naturally assumes he’s being contracted for a hit on the ratings group. Read the background on Philomena vs. the MPAA here, then check out the new clip:
The Weinstein Co’s ‘Philomena’ Vs. MPAA 2: Judi Dench’s M Enlists Steve Coogan: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'