The Weinstein Co is unhappy about the R rating slapped on its awards-season hopeful and has launched a second salvo in its battle against the MPAA. Last week it unveiled a clip with Judi Dench reprising her Bond role as M, and now she’s back again — but this time M is deploying a secret weapon: Agent 002, aka Philomena writer, producer and co-star Steve Coogan. After initially confusing MPAA for the little orange guys who worked for “a guy called Wonka,” Coogan naturally assumes he’s being contracted for a hit on the ratings group. Read the background on Philomena vs. the MPAA here, then check out the new clip:
The Weinstein Co’s ‘Philomena’ Vs. MPAA 2: Judi Dench’s M Enlists Steve Coogan: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean CyberTerror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video