NYC native Lady Gaga played to a hometown crowd when she hosted Saturday Night Live as both emcee and musical act (with the bumping ‘n’ grinding help of R. Kelly). We already knew she had a flair for theatrics. Saturday night, Gaga also showed off her comic chops in a number of sketches – as the Apple Store Genius stuck on Kanye and Kim Kardashian’s talk show, as an overly enthusiastic dance mom, and executing the neat trick job of dropping Denzel Washington‘s Training Day monologue sans f-bombs and in character as a tween child thespian. The ARTPOPper wasn’t afraid of taking shots at her own persona throughout the show, but the self-deprecation culminated in the penultimate sketch in which Gaga played herself aged 77, still hungry for fame, in “Upper West Side 2063.” Did Gaga earn her applause Saturday night?
‘SNL’ Goes Gaga: ‘Training Day’ Monologue, Lady Gaga 2063: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18