USA has picked up Dig, a six-episode action adventure event series from Heroes creator Tim Kring and Gideon Raff, co-creator of Showtime’s Homeland and creator of the Israeli series it was based on. It will be filmed in Jerusalem and premiere on USA in late 2014. Location scouting already is underway in the Israeli capital. Dig, which was developed by Keshet in association with BermanBraun, marks the first project commitment for Jeff Wachtel since he was tapped as President and Chief Content Officer and studio head for NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment. Kring and Raff co-created the series and executive produce with Keshet Media Group CEO Avi Nir and BermanBraun’s Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein. Dig is a production of Keshet Media Group for UCP in cooperation with the city of Jerusalem. It tells the story of Peter, an FBI agent stationed in Jerusalem who, while investigating a murder of a woman archeologist, uncovers a conspiracy 2000 years in the making that threatens to change the course of history. “As we enter this new chapter for our studio and our portfolio, we’ve been looking for a project that makes a statement,” said Wachtel. “This team of storytellers has put together a smart, sophisticated and compelling show that will hit the market with a big bang and a lasting impression.” The deal was brokered by WME.
USA Orders Event Series From Tim Kring & Gideon Raff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'