EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures International Production, a division of Universal Pictures International, has acquired the feature pitch Isle of Immortality from newcomer Adam Chanzit. The China-set action adventure in the vein of National Treasure will be produced by Marc Platt for Marc Platt Productions, with Jared LeBoff overseeing the project. Chanzit’s got an academic background in the Far East republic and culture: The playwright and screenwriter is fluent in Mandarin, studied at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and lived with Daoists in China on a Yale scholarship. His feature script 3 Nights In The Desert, based on his travels, was produced by New Artists Alliance and Caliber Media with Wes Bentley and Amber Tamblyn starring. He’s repped by Caliber Media and Ziffren Brittenham.
Universal Pictures Int’l Buys China-Set ‘Isle Of Immortality’ Action Adventure Pitch
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Yamato
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'
- Lionsgate Horror Hit 'Saw' Set For 10th Anniversary Re-release
- Walden Media, TWC Pledge Partial 'Giver' Proceeds To Literacy
- 'Nightcrawler' To Close Fantastic Fest 2014; 'John Wick' Joins Lineup
- Samuel Goldwyn To Help Kirk Cameron “Put Christ Back Into Christmas”