EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures International Production, a division of Universal Pictures International, has acquired the feature pitch Isle of Immortality from newcomer Adam Chanzit. The China-set action adventure in the vein of National Treasure will be produced by Marc Platt for Marc Platt Productions, with Jared LeBoff overseeing the project. Chanzit’s got an academic background in the Far East republic and culture: The playwright and screenwriter is fluent in Mandarin, studied at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and lived with Daoists in China on a Yale scholarship. His feature script 3 Nights In The Desert, based on his travels, was produced by New Artists Alliance and Caliber Media with Wes Bentley and Amber Tamblyn starring. He’s repped by Caliber Media and Ziffren Brittenham.
Universal Pictures Int’l Buys China-Set ‘Isle Of Immortality’ Action Adventure Pitch
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Telluride: Fandor Acquires Sci-Fi Short 'The Sand Storm' Starring Ai Weiwei
- A Year After First Peek, Universal Trailers Delayed 'Seventh Son'
- Jena Malone, Douglas Smith Lead 'Bottom Of The World'; Nick Braun Heads To 'Stanford'; David Coussins Joins 'Good Kids'
- XLrator Media, New Artists Alliance Ink 3-Picture Sci-Fi Pact
- WME Signs 'Goosebumps' Star Dylan Minnette
- Drafthouse Acquires Martin Starr Romance 'Amira & Sam'