British actor Tom Ellis (Miranda, Gates) is set as the lead of USA Network’s drama pilot Rush. Rick Gonzalez (Coach Carter) also has been cast in the project, from Fox 21. Rush, written/directed by Jonathan Levine, is in the vein of USA’s Royal Pains as it too is about an on-call doctor. It centers on Dr. William Rush (Ellis) who is not your average on-call doctor — he’s not attached to any hospital, he’s highly discreet no matter what the ailment as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium and the doctor can party with the best of them. Gonzalez will play Manny Maquis, a well-connected dealer, who considers Rush a friend, as well as a client. Ellis, repped by Anonymous Content and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell, starred in the ABC pilot Gothica last season. Gonzalez is with Domain, Framework Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Tom Ellis To Topline USA Medical Drama Pilot ‘Rush’, Rick Gonzalez To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem