British actor Tom Ellis (Miranda, Gates) is set as the lead of USA Network’s drama pilot Rush. Rick Gonzalez (Coach Carter) also has been cast in the project, from Fox 21. Rush, written/directed by Jonathan Levine, is in the vein of USA’s Royal Pains as it too is about an on-call doctor. It centers on Dr. William Rush (Ellis) who is not your average on-call doctor — he’s not attached to any hospital, he’s highly discreet no matter what the ailment as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium and the doctor can party with the best of them. Gonzalez will play Manny Maquis, a well-connected dealer, who considers Rush a friend, as well as a client. Ellis, repped by Anonymous Content and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell, starred in the ABC pilot Gothica last season. Gonzalez is with Domain, Framework Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Tom Ellis To Topline USA Medical Drama Pilot ‘Rush’, Rick Gonzalez To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”