British actor Tom Ellis (Miranda, Gates) is set as the lead of USA Network’s drama pilot Rush. Rick Gonzalez (Coach Carter) also has been cast in the project, from Fox 21. Rush, written/directed by Jonathan Levine, is in the vein of USA’s Royal Pains as it too is about an on-call doctor. It centers on Dr. William Rush (Ellis) who is not your average on-call doctor — he’s not attached to any hospital, he’s highly discreet no matter what the ailment as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium and the doctor can party with the best of them. Gonzalez will play Manny Maquis, a well-connected dealer, who considers Rush a friend, as well as a client. Ellis, repped by Anonymous Content and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell, starred in the ABC pilot Gothica last season. Gonzalez is with Domain, Framework Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Tom Ellis To Topline USA Medical Drama Pilot ‘Rush’, Rick Gonzalez To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination