British actor Tom Ellis (Miranda, Gates) is set as the lead of USA Network’s drama pilot Rush. Rick Gonzalez (Coach Carter) also has been cast in the project, from Fox 21. Rush, written/directed by Jonathan Levine, is in the vein of USA’s Royal Pains as it too is about an on-call doctor. It centers on Dr. William Rush (Ellis) who is not your average on-call doctor — he’s not attached to any hospital, he’s highly discreet no matter what the ailment as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium and the doctor can party with the best of them. Gonzalez will play Manny Maquis, a well-connected dealer, who considers Rush a friend, as well as a client. Ellis, repped by Anonymous Content and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell, starred in the ABC pilot Gothica last season. Gonzalez is with Domain, Framework Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Tom Ellis To Topline USA Medical Drama Pilot ‘Rush’, Rick Gonzalez To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two