British actor Tom Ellis (Miranda, Gates) is set as the lead of USA Network’s drama pilot Rush. Rick Gonzalez (Coach Carter) also has been cast in the project, from Fox 21. Rush, written/directed by Jonathan Levine, is in the vein of USA’s Royal Pains as it too is about an on-call doctor. It centers on Dr. William Rush (Ellis) who is not your average on-call doctor — he’s not attached to any hospital, he’s highly discreet no matter what the ailment as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium and the doctor can party with the best of them. Gonzalez will play Manny Maquis, a well-connected dealer, who considers Rush a friend, as well as a client. Ellis, repped by Anonymous Content and UK’s Hamilton-Hodell, starred in the ABC pilot Gothica last season. Gonzalez is with Domain, Framework Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Tom Ellis To Topline USA Medical Drama Pilot ‘Rush’, Rick Gonzalez To Co-Star
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Samira Wiley Joins Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’
- ‘I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead’: Netflix Spins Trailer & Date For Docu On DJ Steve Aoki
- Ron Howard Docuseries ‘Breakthrough’ Renewed For Season 2 By Nat Geo Channel
- Alicia Silverstone To Star In ‘American Woman’ TV Land Pilot Inspired By Kyle Richards
- 20th TV Ups Ken Lawson To SVP & General Sales Manager For Broadcast Syndie Sales
- ‘American Crime’: Timothy Hutton Set To Return For Season 3