The company’s effort to provide cable systems with a slick alternative to their clunky conventional DVRs seems to have paid off in the three months that ended in October. TiVo’s revenues increased 43% vs the period last year to $117.3M. That’s well above the Street’s expectation of $81.3M. The net income figure is skewed by the $78.4M windfall TiVo received from Verizon last year to settle a patent infringement suit. With that factored in, the $12.5M profit in Q3 is down 78.9% from last year. Still, the company’s earnings of 10 cents a share beat forecasts for 6 cents. Total subscriptions were +32.3% to nearly 3.9M as a 295,000 increase from pay TV services outweighed the 21,000 drop in the number of DVRs that receive service directly from TiVo. CEO Tom Rogers says that this was “the best quarter for TiVo subscription growth” since he began to position the company as a natural ally for cable and satellite companies. The company’s been especially successful with overseas providers including UK’s Virgin Media and Spain’s ONO. TiVo says that its revenues from services and technology in Q4 should rise about 30% to as much as $85M.
TiVo’s Cable Company Deals Help It To Beat Q3 Earnings Estimates
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Business News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Point.360 To Acquire Troubled Postproduction House Modern VideoFilm
- Time Warner Cable Nears A Decision On A New Merger Deal – Reports
- Hollywood Teamsters Reach Contract Deal With Basic Crafts Unions