Until now Teller of Penn And Teller fame has best been known as the silent one of the comedy team. That’s an act. When it comes to his movie directorial debut , the documentary Tim’s Vermeer, he had a lot to say on the Sony Pictures Classics panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event. The film is about Tim Jenison, a Texas-based inventor who set out on an eight-year quest to find out how 17th Century Dutch master Johannes Vermeer could paint so photo-realistically. To do that he paints one himself, and Teller discusses how he paints that (motion) picture in his helming debut. Could it be magic?
The Contenders 2013: Teller Talks Film Directing Debut ‘Tim’s Vermeer’: “We Had 2400 Hours Of Footage” (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?