Until now Teller of Penn And Teller fame has best been known as the silent one of the comedy team. That’s an act. When it comes to his movie directorial debut , the documentary Tim’s Vermeer, he had a lot to say on the Sony Pictures Classics panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event. The film is about Tim Jenison, a Texas-based inventor who set out on an eight-year quest to find out how 17th Century Dutch master Johannes Vermeer could paint so photo-realistically. To do that he paints one himself, and Teller discusses how he paints that (motion) picture in his helming debut. Could it be magic?
The Contenders 2013: Teller Talks Film Directing Debut ‘Tim’s Vermeer': “We Had 2400 Hours Of Footage” (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Hammond
- Deadline’s The Contenders Event Congratulates Its Oscar Winners And Nominees!
- ‘Focus’ Review: Pete Hammond On Will Smith’s Sharp Look At Con Artists
- Oscar Aftermath: ‘Birdman’ Flies High & Parties Into The Night On Wings Of Victory
- Oscars Still A Tossup As Envelopes (FINALLY) About To Be Opened
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Predicts All The Winners