Until now Teller of Penn And Teller fame has best been known as the silent one of the comedy team. That’s an act. When it comes to his movie directorial debut , the documentary Tim’s Vermeer, he had a lot to say on the Sony Pictures Classics panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event. The film is about Tim Jenison, a Texas-based inventor who set out on an eight-year quest to find out how 17th Century Dutch master Johannes Vermeer could paint so photo-realistically. To do that he paints one himself, and Teller discusses how he paints that (motion) picture in his helming debut. Could it be magic?
The Contenders 2013: Teller Talks Film Directing Debut ‘Tim’s Vermeer': “We Had 2400 Hours Of Footage” (Video)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Hammond
- OSCARS: 'Snowpiercer' Becomes First DVD Screener Sent To Academy Voters
- EMMYS: Seth Meyers Adds Comedic Spark To Emmy Show's Deja Vu
- Richard Attenborough Appreciation: A True Filmmaking Giant On Both Sides Of The Camera
- Final EMMY Predictions: Proceed With Caution,This Could Be A Bumpy Ride
- Emmygeddon: Can TV Academy Avoid Monday Night Traffic Nightmare?
- Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide Ending After 45 Years – Internet Kills Iconic Print Paperback