Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World had already eclipsed the worldwide gross of its predecessor and officially crossed $500M globally yesterday, Disney confirmed this morning. It’s the distributor’s third title to top that milestone this year following Marvel’s Iron Man 3 and Pixar’s Monsters University. For the record, to date Thor 2 has grossed $152M domestically and $352.2M internationally for a $504.2M total — the overseas figure better than the final numbers for the first Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Captain America. Those international totals include $46.1M in China, which just premiered Gravity to $9M in its first two days and is prepping for tomorrow’s day-and-date launch of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Crosses $500M In Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Hipes
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Trailer: Where’s Spider-Man When You Need Him?
- Patricia Norris Dies: Costume Designer And David Lynch Collaborator Was 83
- ‘Community’ Trailer: Yahoo Joins Yahoos For Season 6
- ‘Get Hard’ Red Band Trailer: Kevin Hart & Will Ferrell In ‘Hood High Jinks
- ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel: Harrison Ford Confirmed; Denis Villeneuve In Talks To Direct