Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World had already eclipsed the worldwide gross of its predecessor and officially crossed $500M globally yesterday, Disney confirmed this morning. It’s the distributor’s third title to top that milestone this year following Marvel’s Iron Man 3 and Pixar’s Monsters University. For the record, to date Thor 2 has grossed $152M domestically and $352.2M internationally for a $504.2M total — the overseas figure better than the final numbers for the first Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Captain America. Those international totals include $46.1M in China, which just premiered Gravity to $9M in its first two days and is prepping for tomorrow’s day-and-date launch of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
‘Thor: The Dark World’ Crosses $500M In Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Limited Release While ‘Poltergeist’ Grabs Strong $1.4M – Box Office Thursday
- Jennifer Connelly & Cillian Murphy Go ‘Aloft’ – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Amanda Seyfried, Thomas Sadoski Get Hot’N’Bothered In Neil LaBute’s ‘The Way We Get By’…