EXCLUSIVE: We’ve seen the subtitled trailer for Hayao Miyazaki’s The Wind Rises (Kaze Tachinu) released during the Toronto Film Festival and now here’s a first look at the domestic version. A mix of the real-life stories of aircraft designer Jiro Horikoshi and the poet Tatsuo Hori, The Wind Rises tells a poignant tale of war, perseverance and love. The film that the anime master said will be his last topped the Japanese box office for nine consecutive weeks after opening there in July. It wrapped up a week-long Oscar-qualifying run in New York and Los Angeles on November 14 and will open in limited release in the U.S. on February 21, expanding wide a week later under Disney’s Touchstone Pictures banner.
Hot Trailer: Hayao Miyazaki’s ‘The Wind Rises’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy