EXCLUSIVE: We’ve seen the subtitled trailer for Hayao Miyazaki’s The Wind Rises (Kaze Tachinu) released during the Toronto Film Festival and now here’s a first look at the domestic version. A mix of the real-life stories of aircraft designer Jiro Horikoshi and the poet Tatsuo Hori, The Wind Rises tells a poignant tale of war, perseverance and love. The film that the anime master said will be his last topped the Japanese box office for nine consecutive weeks after opening there in July. It wrapped up a week-long Oscar-qualifying run in New York and Los Angeles on November 14 and will open in limited release in the U.S. on February 21, expanding wide a week later under Disney’s Touchstone Pictures banner.
Hot Trailer: Hayao Miyazaki’s ‘The Wind Rises’
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Bags Bully Ratings For PBS