Production is currently underway in Atlanta on a television adaptation of Tony-nominated Broadway revival The Trip To Bountiful. It’s set to premiere on Lifetime in 2014. Original cast members Cicely Tyson and Vanessa Williams star along with Blair Underwood (In Treatment) and Keke Palmer (CrazySexyCool). Trip To Bountiful tells the story of a woman’s quest to reconnect with her past in order to ensure her family’s future. Set during the final years of the Jim Crow South, it is the best-known work by Oscar-, Pulitzer- and Emmy-winning author Horton Foote. Michael Wilson, who directed the play, makes his television directorial debut with the project. Pic is produced by Ostar. Tyson, Bill Haber (The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not A Fairy Tale), Hallie Foote (Paranormal Activity 3) and Jeff Hayes (Rizzoli & Isles) are exec producers.
Lifetime Greenlights ‘The Trip To Bountiful’ With Cicely Tyson & Vanessa Williams
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'