Production is currently underway in Atlanta on a television adaptation of Tony-nominated Broadway revival The Trip To Bountiful. It’s set to premiere on Lifetime in 2014. Original cast members Cicely Tyson and Vanessa Williams star along with Blair Underwood (In Treatment) and Keke Palmer (CrazySexyCool). Trip To Bountiful tells the story of a woman’s quest to reconnect with her past in order to ensure her family’s future. Set during the final years of the Jim Crow South, it is the best-known work by Oscar-, Pulitzer- and Emmy-winning author Horton Foote. Michael Wilson, who directed the play, makes his television directorial debut with the project. Pic is produced by Ostar. Tyson, Bill Haber (The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not A Fairy Tale), Hallie Foote (Paranormal Activity 3) and Jeff Hayes (Rizzoli & Isles) are exec producers.
Lifetime Greenlights ‘The Trip To Bountiful’ With Cicely Tyson & Vanessa Williams
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…