Production is currently underway in Atlanta on a television adaptation of Tony-nominated Broadway revival The Trip To Bountiful. It’s set to premiere on Lifetime in 2014. Original cast members Cicely Tyson and Vanessa Williams star along with Blair Underwood (In Treatment) and Keke Palmer (CrazySexyCool). Trip To Bountiful tells the story of a woman’s quest to reconnect with her past in order to ensure her family’s future. Set during the final years of the Jim Crow South, it is the best-known work by Oscar-, Pulitzer- and Emmy-winning author Horton Foote. Michael Wilson, who directed the play, makes his television directorial debut with the project. Pic is produced by Ostar. Tyson, Bill Haber (The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life Is Not A Fairy Tale), Hallie Foote (Paranormal Activity 3) and Jeff Hayes (Rizzoli & Isles) are exec producers.
Lifetime Greenlights ‘The Trip To Bountiful’ With Cicely Tyson & Vanessa Williams
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award