In The Simpsons‘ first episode since the death of long-time cast member Marcia Wallace, the Fox animated series opened and closed the episode with tributes to the actress, who played Bart’s teacher Mrs. Krabappel from 1990 until her death. Bart wrote “We’ll really miss you Mrs. K” on the chalkboard in the opening credits, while a photo of Mrs. Krabappel, with the caption, “In loving memory of Marcia Wallace,” closed out the episode. Wallace died on October 25 at age 70. Her character is expected to be retired after the series runs out of pre-recorded episodes with Wallace.
‘The Simpsons’ Pays Tribute To Marcia Wallace
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'