In The Simpsons‘ first episode since the death of long-time cast member Marcia Wallace, the Fox animated series opened and closed the episode with tributes to the actress, who played Bart’s teacher Mrs. Krabappel from 1990 until her death. Bart wrote “We’ll really miss you Mrs. K” on the chalkboard in the opening credits, while a photo of Mrs. Krabappel, with the caption, “In loving memory of Marcia Wallace,” closed out the episode. Wallace died on October 25 at age 70. Her character is expected to be retired after the series runs out of pre-recorded episodes with Wallace.
‘The Simpsons’ Pays Tribute To Marcia Wallace
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'