In The Simpsons‘ first episode since the death of long-time cast member Marcia Wallace, the Fox animated series opened and closed the episode with tributes to the actress, who played Bart’s teacher Mrs. Krabappel from 1990 until her death. Bart wrote “We’ll really miss you Mrs. K” on the chalkboard in the opening credits, while a photo of Mrs. Krabappel, with the caption, “In loving memory of Marcia Wallace,” closed out the episode. Wallace died on October 25 at age 70. Her character is expected to be retired after the series runs out of pre-recorded episodes with Wallace.
‘The Simpsons’ Pays Tribute To Marcia Wallace
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Latest TV News
- Ricky Van Veen Says Facebook Watch Will Filter Out Spoilers From Your News Feed – NATPE
- Margaret Atwood & George R.R. Martin Booked For PBS’ Reading Competition – TCA
- ‘Native America’ To Explore Interconnectivity Of Ancient Indigenous Cultures On PBS
- PBS Announces Five-Part Series On #MeToo Movement Debuting February 2
- USC Scripter Awards Nominations: Ties Make For Loaded Flim & TV Field
- ‘Bear Grylls: Face The Wild’ & ‘Fly Guys’ Unscripted Series Ordered By Facebook