Dominic Patten interviews directors Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders and Sound Designer Randy Thom on the character voice work, sound mixing and music integration on Dreamworks Animation‘s hit ‘toon The Croods as part of Deadline’s sold out THE CONTENDERS event last Saturday in Beverly Hills in front of 500 Academy and Guild members. The first release from DWA’s new distribution agreement with 20th Century Fox, Croods was a smash right out of the gate and now is getting a major push from DWA for Oscar consideration as they devoted their entire slot to the family comedy. Check it out.
The Contenders 2013: ‘The Croods’ Creative Team Tells How They Pulled Off A Big Win For Dreamworks Animation (Video)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Hammond
- OSCARS: 'Snowpiercer' Becomes First DVD Screener Sent To Academy Voters
- Richard Attenborough Appreciation: A True Filmmaking Giant On Both Sides Of The Camera
- Final EMMY Predictions: Proceed With Caution,This Could Be A Bumpy Ride
- Emmygeddon: Can TV Academy Avoid Monday Night Traffic Nightmare?
- Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide Ending After 45 Years – Internet Kills Iconic Print Paperback