Dominic Patten interviews directors Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders and Sound Designer Randy Thom on the character voice work, sound mixing and music integration on Dreamworks Animation‘s hit ‘toon The Croods as part of Deadline’s sold out THE CONTENDERS event last Saturday in Beverly Hills in front of 500 Academy and Guild members. The first release from DWA’s new distribution agreement with 20th Century Fox, Croods was a smash right out of the gate and now is getting a major push from DWA for Oscar consideration as they devoted their entire slot to the family comedy. Check it out.
The Contenders 2013: ‘The Croods’ Creative Team Tells How They Pulled Off A Big Win For Dreamworks Animation (Video)
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Hammond
- Matthew McConaughey Gets A 'Stellar' Tribute From American Cinematheque
- 'John Wick' Review: Pete Hammond on Keanu Reeves' Killer Film
- Oscars: 'Birdman' Flew Sky High In Theaters, But How Did It Play With Academy Voters?
- AFI Fest Adds 'The Homesman' Gala And Conversations With Keaton, Norton And Deakins
- Oscar Watch: How Elaine Stritch And Other Showbiz Documentaries Hope To Grab The Eyes – And Hearts – Of Voters
- Christopher Nolan Handing American Cinematheque Award To Matthew McConaughey