Dominic Patten interviews directors Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders and Sound Designer Randy Thom on the character voice work, sound mixing and music integration on Dreamworks Animation‘s hit ‘toon The Croods as part of Deadline’s sold out THE CONTENDERS event last Saturday in Beverly Hills in front of 500 Academy and Guild members. The first release from DWA’s new distribution agreement with 20th Century Fox, Croods was a smash right out of the gate and now is getting a major push from DWA for Oscar consideration as they devoted their entire slot to the family comedy. Check it out.
The Contenders 2013: ‘The Croods’ Creative Team Tells How They Pulled Off A Big Win For Dreamworks Animation (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?