Dominic Patten interviews directors Kirk De Micco and Chris Sanders and Sound Designer Randy Thom on the character voice work, sound mixing and music integration on Dreamworks Animation‘s hit ‘toon The Croods as part of Deadline’s sold out THE CONTENDERS event last Saturday in Beverly Hills in front of 500 Academy and Guild members. The first release from DWA’s new distribution agreement with 20th Century Fox, Croods was a smash right out of the gate and now is getting a major push from DWA for Oscar consideration as they devoted their entire slot to the family comedy. Check it out.
The Contenders 2013: ‘The Croods’ Creative Team Tells How They Pulled Off A Big Win For Dreamworks Animation (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- ‘Glee’ Alum Harry Shum Jr. Joins Sylvester Stallone In ‘Escape Plan 3’
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East
- Kathrine Narducci Cast In Martin Scorsese’s Crime Drama ‘The Irishman’
- ‘Akira’ Back? ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Helmer Taika Waititi In Talks
- ‘Cook Off!’ Trailer: Melissa McCarthy Comedy Reheated Ten Years Later
- Michael Wright Exiting As Amblin Partners CEO; Steven Spielberg Takes Reins