The unique cinematic worlds of Spike Jonze would provide any behind the scenes wizard a unique challenge as evidenced in such films as Adaptation, Being John Malkovich or Where The Wild Things Are, but his latest film Her could be the most difficult to pull off. We have to believe that in the near-future Los Angeles Joaquin Phoenix’s love-struck character could actually fall head over heels in love with Samantha, his Operating System, a Siri-like voice played brilliantly by Scarlett Johansson. For cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema and costume designer Casey Storm the challenges were unique to say the least as they explained on the Warner Bros panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event.
The Contenders 2013: Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’ Creative Team Talks About Challenges Of Getting “Sucked Into Joaquin Phoenix’s Universe” (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Towards Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival
- ‘Atlanta’s Bryan Tyree Henry Joins ‘White Boy Rick’