It doesn’t even open until December 6th but this has been a very big week already for the Coen Brothers’ new film Inside Llewyn Davis, which is set in New York’s folk-singing world of the early 1960s. The soundtrack album was released, and the film, which won the Grand Prize at Cannes in May, triumphantly closed the 2013 AFI Fest on Thursday night in Hollywood. It also made big waves at a special musical celebration Wednesday night at Santa Monica’s Buffalo Club hosted by the film’s musical guru T Bone Burnett for a crowd that drew the likes of many Academy (and HFPA) members including Barbra Streisand and Jim Brolin, Norman Lear, Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen in addition to the movie’s co-star John Goodman, producer Scott Rudin and the Coens. Musicians including The Punch Brothers and Rhiannon Giddens performed during the terrific, nearly two-hour show. About to be newly minted Honorary Oscar winner Steve Martin even offered an instrumental on banjo and the film’s star Oscar Isaac sang a number of tunes too. Isaac, in addition to being an actor, is also an accomplished musician and he proved that as well earlier in the month when he took to the stage at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event and performed a signature number from the film titled “Green, Green Rocky Road”. Here it is:
The Contenders 2013: ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ Star Oscar Isaac Sings (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s World…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85