Gravity has already grossed well over $200 million domestically and is still going strong, an unquestioned smash hit, but as screenwriter Jonas Cuaron (who wrote the film with his father, director Alfonso Cuaron) explained to me at Saturday’s sold out Deadline THE CONTENDERS event at the brand new Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts the movie was never a sure thing, in fact a “huge gamble” even with all those special effects and stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. As he told the gathered AMPAS and Guild members it really is a very intimate story told on a large scale.
The Contenders 2013: ‘Gravity’ Screenwriter Jonas Cuaron: ‘If I Ever Get Stranded In Space I Want George Clooney By My Side’ (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?