Gravity has already grossed well over $200 million domestically and is still going strong, an unquestioned smash hit, but as screenwriter Jonas Cuaron (who wrote the film with his father, director Alfonso Cuaron) explained to me at Saturday’s sold out Deadline THE CONTENDERS event at the brand new Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts the movie was never a sure thing, in fact a “huge gamble” even with all those special effects and stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. As he told the gathered AMPAS and Guild members it really is a very intimate story told on a large scale.
The Contenders 2013: ‘Gravity’ Screenwriter Jonas Cuaron: ‘If I Ever Get Stranded In Space I Want George Clooney By My Side’ (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role