As one of television’s most prolific and successful writer/producers, John Wells has known great success with Emmy-winning series like E.R. and The West Wing and currently Showtime’s Shameless, but after getting his feet wet directing movies with The Company Men (2010) he’s really upped his game for his sophomore effort. August: Osage County opens Christmas Day and features a major cast including Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Margo Martindale, Chris Cooper, Ewan McGregor and many others. On the Weinstein Company panel at Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS event he talked about the intimidation factor of working on this level, especially with Streep.
The Contenders 2013: ‘August: Osage County’s John Wells On Directing Meryl Streep: “She Came To Play” (Video)
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Hammond
- Matthew McConaughey Gets A 'Stellar' Tribute From American Cinematheque
- 'John Wick' Review: Pete Hammond on Keanu Reeves' Killer Film
- Oscars: 'Birdman' Flew Sky High In Theaters, But How Did It Play With Academy Voters?
- AFI Fest Adds 'The Homesman' Gala And Conversations With Keaton, Norton And Deakins
- Oscar Watch: How Elaine Stritch And Other Showbiz Documentaries Hope To Grab The Eyes – And Hearts – Of Voters
- Christopher Nolan Handing American Cinematheque Award To Matthew McConaughey