With half hour presentations for awards voters from 12 studios, Deadline’s 3rd Annual THE CONTENDERS all day event Saturday at the brand new Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts in Beverly Hills was a sold out smash hit that drew 500 industry figures from AMPAS and key guilds. It was all taped so keep watching Deadline this week for a series of videos from the big day starting with Roadside/Lionsgate’s slot which focused on the technical challenges of the Robert Redford one-man show,All Is Lost. I sat down with Director J.C. Chandor, Producers Neal Dodson and Anna Gerb and Sound Editors Richard Hymns (a 3-time Oscar winner) and Steve Boeddeker who explained the art of sound in a film with only one actor, a few lines of dialogue and lots of water. Just getting Redford’s normal breathing to work was no simple task on this film.
The Contenders 2013: ‘All Is Lost’ And Robert Redford’s Heavy Breathing (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards