With half hour presentations for awards voters from 12 studios, Deadline’s 3rd Annual THE CONTENDERS all day event Saturday at the brand new Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts in Beverly Hills was a sold out smash hit that drew 500 industry figures from AMPAS and key guilds. It was all taped so keep watching Deadline this week for a series of videos from the big day starting with Roadside/Lionsgate’s slot which focused on the technical challenges of the Robert Redford one-man show,All Is Lost. I sat down with Director J.C. Chandor, Producers Neal Dodson and Anna Gerb and Sound Editors Richard Hymns (a 3-time Oscar winner) and Steve Boeddeker who explained the art of sound in a film with only one actor, a few lines of dialogue and lots of water. Just getting Redford’s normal breathing to work was no simple task on this film.
The Contenders 2013: ‘All Is Lost’ And Robert Redford’s Heavy Breathing (Video)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Hammond
- Emmygeddon: Can TV Academy Avoid Monday Night Traffic Nightmare?
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Donates Millions As Golden Globe Hopefuls Help The Cause
- Lauren Bacall Appreciation: They Don't Make Them Like Her Anymore
- Robin Williams: A Huge Funny/Dramatic Talent Who Proved He Could Do It All — An Appreciation
- EMMYS: Familiar Faces Fill Drama Acting Categories, Again