With half hour presentations for awards voters from 12 studios, Deadline’s 3rd Annual THE CONTENDERS all day event Saturday at the brand new Wallis Annenberg Center For The Performing Arts in Beverly Hills was a sold out smash hit that drew 500 industry figures from AMPAS and key guilds. It was all taped so keep watching Deadline this week for a series of videos from the big day starting with Roadside/Lionsgate’s slot which focused on the technical challenges of the Robert Redford one-man show,All Is Lost. I sat down with Director J.C. Chandor, Producers Neal Dodson and Anna Gerb and Sound Editors Richard Hymns (a 3-time Oscar winner) and Steve Boeddeker who explained the art of sound in a film with only one actor, a few lines of dialogue and lots of water. Just getting Redford’s normal breathing to work was no simple task on this film.
The Contenders 2013: ‘All Is Lost’ And Robert Redford’s Heavy Breathing (Video)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Hammond
- Toronto: 'The Imitation Game' Named Festival's People's Choice Winner – Oscar Harbinger?
- Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
- Deadline @ Toronto: Oscar-Worthy Pics Keep Coming (Video)
- Toronto: Jennifer Aniston Sparks Oscar Buzz With Game-Changing Drama 'Cake'
- Deadline @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On A Grand 'Theory' And More (Video)
- Toronto: 'Theory Of Everything' Sends Oscar Race Into Early Overdrive As TIFF World Premieres Keep On Coming