Lionsgate‘s Summit has acquired Millennium Films‘ Hercules: The Legend Begins, investing further in Kellan Lutz, who broke out as a vampire in Summit’s Twilight Saga and will co-star in Lionsgate’s The Expendables 3. Lutz takes center stage in the action-adventure as the titular Greek demigod hero. Sold into slavery, he must gain his freedom to save his true love Hebe, the Princess of Crete (Gaia Weiss). This is the latest bid for action hero status by Lutz, who has been filling out his non-Twilight résumé with such fare as Tarsem’s Immortals, IFC Film’s Java Heat, and Summit’s motion-capture Tarzan. The Renny Harlin-directed Hercules will hit theaters in 2D and 3D on February 7, battling WB’s The Lego Movie and Sony’s George Clooney-helmed The Monuments Men. The film also stars Lutz’s Expendables franchise-mate Scott Adkins (Expendables 2), Liam McIntyre (Spartacus), Liam Garrigan (Strike Back), Johnathon Schaech, Roxanne McKee (Game of Thrones), and Rade Serbedzija. Daniel Eliat scripted and Danny Lerner, Les Weldon, Boaz Davidson, and Harlin produced. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short and John Thompson are exec producers. Lionsgate’s Jason Constantine, Eda Kowan, and Wendy Jaffe negotiated the deal with Avi Lerner and Mark Gill for Millennium.
Summit Snaps Up Millennium’s ‘Hercules: The Legend Begins’ Starring ‘Twilight’s Kellan Lutz
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors