EXCLUSIVE: Cinemax has given a pilot greenlight to Blanco, a drama project which has cast Shiloh Fernandez (Evil Dead) as the lead. Feature director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later) will direct the pilot, from Fox TV Studios and Lakeshore Entertainment. Blanco, which had been heating up at Cinemax since the summer, with the producers exploring casting and directing options, was written by Mark Rosner (Blue Bloods). It centers on Ruben (Fernandez), an uptown gangster — nicknamed Blanco for being a light-skinned Dominican — who uses his status as a confidential informant to turn the tables on law enforcement and build his criminal empire. Rosner and Lakeshore’s Gary Lucchesi and Tom Rosenberg are executive producing the pilot with Fresnadillo. Fernandez, repped by WME, Untitled Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman, got his break on the cult CBS drama Jericho before segueing to features. He recently wrapped Return To Sender, serves as co-writer, producer, and star of the upcoming indie Queen Of Carthage and next will be seen in Gregg Araki’s White Bird In A Blizzard. At Cinemax, Blanco joins fellow drama pilot Quarry. HBO’s sibling network also has 10-part series The Knick coming up, directed by Steven Soderbergh and starring Clive Owen.
‘Blanco’ Gets Cinemax Pilot Order With Shiloh Fernandez Starring, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo Directing
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?