With Nikita coming to an end, series leading man Shane West is set as the male lead of another drama, WGN America’s first scripted series Salem, starring Janet Montgomery. Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, it explores what really fueled the town’s infamous witch trials and centers on Mary Sibley (Montgomery), the beautiful, ruthless but vulnerable wife of the ancient, ailing but very wealthy George Sibley, one of the Salem town Selectmen. West, repped by UTA and Luber Roklin plays John Alden, a hardened veteran of 10 years of war and captivity at the hands of the Indians who returns to his native Salem to find it consumed in Witch Hunt frenzy, led by Cotton Mather (Seth Gabel). Also cast in the Fox 21-produced series is Tamzin Merchant (The Tudors) as the beautiful Anne Hale, a talented artist who is attracted to the newly arrived John Alden, unaware of his history with Mary Sibley. She is with ICM Partners, Authentic and Curtis Brown.
Shane West Set As Male Lead Of WGN America’s ‘Salem’, Tamzin Merchant Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage