With Nikita coming to an end, series leading man Shane West is set as the male lead of another drama, WGN America’s first scripted series Salem, starring Janet Montgomery. Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, it explores what really fueled the town’s infamous witch trials and centers on Mary Sibley (Montgomery), the beautiful, ruthless but vulnerable wife of the ancient, ailing but very wealthy George Sibley, one of the Salem town Selectmen. West, repped by UTA and Luber Roklin plays John Alden, a hardened veteran of 10 years of war and captivity at the hands of the Indians who returns to his native Salem to find it consumed in Witch Hunt frenzy, led by Cotton Mather (Seth Gabel). Also cast in the Fox 21-produced series is Tamzin Merchant (The Tudors) as the beautiful Anne Hale, a talented artist who is attracted to the newly arrived John Alden, unaware of his history with Mary Sibley. She is with ICM Partners, Authentic and Curtis Brown.
Shane West Set As Male Lead Of WGN America’s ‘Salem’, Tamzin Merchant Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates