The E.W. Scripps Company is mounting a challenge to primetime access stalwarts Jeopardy! and Wheel Of Fortune. The company has inked a deal with MGM Domestic Television Distribution to distribute its game show Let’s Ask America nationwide, targeting the 7-8 PM access hour Monday-Friday. Let’s Ask America was a home grown show, launching on several Scripps stations last fall and expanding to all 13 Scripps markets this fall, airing from 7-7:30 PM. Interestingly, it is MGM and not Warner Bros., whose syndication division Telepictures developed Let’s Ask America for Scripps, that is handling its nationwide expansion. Let’s Ask America was one of two new game show formats, along with The List, that Scripps picked to replace Jeopardy! and Wheel Of Fortune on its stations last year. It was happy with the results, especially in the demos, renewing and expanding both shows in the spring and starting to plot national distribution. Let’s Ask America is the first to get one. Hosted by Kevin Pereira, it features contestants competing for cash prizes from their homes via webcams. Scripps, Telepictures and paraMedia are producing, with game show veterans Michael Canter and Jeff Krask serving as executive producers. MGM and Scripps already are partners in the daily syndicated series for viral videos RightThisMinute, which airs in 130 markets.
Scripps’ Game Show ‘Let’s Ask America’ Readied For National Syndication Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'
- ‘Late Show’ Warmup At Tribeca? Colbert Tells Lucas “I’m Not The Guy To Take Over For Jon Stewart”…