Host star power is key in drawing viewers to Saturday Night Live. The venerable late-night show proved it this weekend when it was hosted by Josh Hutcherson, known primarily for his role in the Hunger Games franchise. But while the second movie in the franchise was setting box office ratings, SNL with Hutcherson was soft. Despite him being one of the youngest hosts to take the SNL stage (he just turned 21), the Saturday show only drew a 2.0 rating in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with people meters, down 23% from last week when Lady Gaga was emcee/musical guest and a season low. In the metered markets, SNL with host Hutcherson and musical guest Haim averaged a 4.1 rating, down 14% from last week and the second lowest result for the season behind the October 26 show hosted by Ed Norton. For comparison, the hosting stint of Hutcherson’s Hunger Games co-star Jennifer Lawrence last season delivered a 4.9 in HH and 2.8 in 18-49.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Hits Season Low With Host Josh Hutcherson
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks