Ron Howard‘s adaptation of the Nathaniel Philbrick high-seas drama will bow wide on March 13, 2015. So far In The Heart Of The Sea has the date to itself. The film from Warner Bros and Village Roadshow Pictures marks a reteam for Howard and Oscar-nominated screenwriter Peter Morgan, who previously collaborated on Frost/Nixon and the racing pic Rush; Morgan came aboard Heart Of The Sea and worked with Howard on new drafts of Charles Leavitt’s original adaptation. A blend of fact and fiction, In The Heart Of The Sea describes in great detail how the Whaleship Essex was stalked and attacked by a sperm whale in 1820, leaving the crew adrift for 90 days and forced to turn to cannibalism. The attack on the boat largely influenced Herman Melville’s Moby Dick. Chris Hemsworth, Benjamin Walker, Cillian Murphy, Ben Whishaw, Tom Holland, Brendan Gleeson and Jordi Molla star.
Ron Howard’s ‘In The Heart Of The Sea’ Set For March 2015 Release
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus To…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie