The classiest anchor in San Diego also happens to be the busiest promoter of Paramount‘s Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. Will Ferrell has appeared as Ron Burgundy in Dodge ads, is getting Emerson College’s journalism school renamed The Ron Burgundy School of Communication (OK, for one day), and even wrote a book that Ferrell as Burgundy promoted last night on Conan. While it can be debated whether Paramount and Farrell are overexposing themselves in the run-up to the film’s December 20 release, he nailed it last night singing the campaign song for “let’s call him embattled” Toronto Mayor Rob Ford – proving that this style of Sacha Baron Cohen-esque marketing can work wonders when it hits the zeitgeist head-on. Check it out:
Ron Burgundy Endorses Toronto Mayor Rob Ford (Sorta): Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Hipes
- Golden Globes Nominations: 'Birdman', 'Imitation Game' & 'Boyhood' Lead Film, More Surprises On TV Side
- SAG Awards Nominations: 'Birdman' & 'Boyhood' Lead Film Side, HBO & 'Modern Family' Rule TV – Full List
- Oscars' VFX Shortlist: Usual Suspects Make Cut, But Bible Pics Cast Out
- 'The Gambler' Release Date: Paramount All In, Moves It To Christmas Day Wide Bow
- Writers Guild TV Nominations: 'True Detective' & 'Louie' Lead Way, Amazon Breaks Through With 'Transparent'