The classiest anchor in San Diego also happens to be the busiest promoter of Paramount‘s Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. Will Ferrell has appeared as Ron Burgundy in Dodge ads, is getting Emerson College’s journalism school renamed The Ron Burgundy School of Communication (OK, for one day), and even wrote a book that Ferrell as Burgundy promoted last night on Conan. While it can be debated whether Paramount and Farrell are overexposing themselves in the run-up to the film’s December 20 release, he nailed it last night singing the campaign song for “let’s call him embattled” Toronto Mayor Rob Ford – proving that this style of Sacha Baron Cohen-esque marketing can work wonders when it hits the zeitgeist head-on. Check it out:
Ron Burgundy Endorses Toronto Mayor Rob Ford (Sorta): Video
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Hipes
- 'Queen Latifah Show' Cancelled After Two Seasons
- 'Wild' Producer On Reese Witherspoon's Emotional Trek: The Contenders
- PGA Awards 2016 Date Finalized
- SundanceTV Reunites 'Cold In July' Crew For Joe Lansdale Series 'Hap And Leonard'
- Joan Allen & William H Macy Book 'Room'