EXCLUSIVE: Roadside Attractions has made some moves on Therese, the film it acquired at Toronto. The film has been retitled In Secret, and has been set for February 21 release. The romantic thriller stars Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar Isaac, Tom Felton and Jessica Lange and is based on Emile Zola’s scandalous novel Thérèse Raquin. LD Entertainment financed it and Roadside made the deal just before the film’s Toronto premiere. Charlie Stratton made his directing debut, and Mickey Liddell, Pete Shilaimon and William Horberg produced. Set in 1860s Paris, pic is a tale of obsessive love, adultery and revenge. Therese (Olsen) is a sexually repressed beautiful young woman trapped into a loveless marriage to her sickly cousin, Camille (Tom Felton), by her domineering aunt, Madame Raquin (Lange). Her husband’s friend (Isaac) catches her eye and things go all kinds of wrong from there.
Roadside Attractions To Release ‘In Secret’ February 21
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘The Equalizer 2’s Antoine Fuqua, Jason Blumenthal On Franchise Potential & How The Film Speaks To Women…
- Sony Dates ‘Jumanji’ Sequel For December 2019 – CinemaCon
- As Tom Hardy Promised, A New ‘Venom’ Trailer Drops At CinemaCon – Watch
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin”…
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms