EXCLUSIVE: Beverly Hills-based Ringleader Studios (The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes) has acquired rights to adapt Colin Wilson’s 1976 novel The Space Vampires for television. The intergalactic sci-fi tale previously got the feature film treatment in Tobe Hooper’s 1985 pic Lifeforce, starring Steve Railsback, Patrick Stewart, and Mathilda May. Ringleader is plotting a small-screen episodic series, also titled Lifeforce, as well as a graphic novel, video game, and additional media tie-ins. Plot follows a group of astronauts who discover a derelict spaceship and return to Earth with three humanoid aliens that unleash a life-sucking plague upon humanity. Ex-Electronic Gaming Monthly editor and Ringleader Studios founder Steve Harris will exec produce. Al Zuckerman of Writers House negotiated the deal on behalf of Colin and Joy Wilson.
Ringleader Studios Acquires Colin Wilson’s ‘Space Vampires’ For ‘Lifeforce’ TV Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Judy Greer, Natasha Lyonne Head To Jamie Babbit's 'Fresno'
- Finance & Production Shingle Vega, Baby! Expands Into Distribution
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'