He may have spent most of the last decade in retirement and semi-retirement, but Garth Brooks still has a things or two to show to his younger colleagues. The two-hour Garth Brooks Live From Las Vegas special dominated primetime last night with a 1.8 rating in adults 18-49, and a very impressive for the night after Thanksgiving 8.8 million viewers. Brooks doubled the demo rating for Lady Gaga‘s Thanksgiving special with the Muppets and almost tripled her viewership. CBS won the night in 18-49 and total viewers. NBC was the only network to air an all original lineup last night with Dateline (1.2, 7.2 million) up a tenth from last week in 18-49 and hitting a season high in total viewers. Grimm (1.3) fell 19% from its most recent episode while Dracula (0.9) held steady at a series low. Fox aired two more Raising Hope originals (0.6), down 25% from last week. Raising Hope feels wasted on Friday. It was a rock on Tuesday last season and is more deserving than others to be part of the network’s comedy block. The CW‘s Nikita (0.2) matched its rating from last week as it whimpers to the finish line, holding onto half of its lead-in from Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer — a special the CW’s predecessor the WB ordered 13 years ago.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Garth Brooks Rules, ‘Grimm’ & ‘Raising Hope’ Dip, ‘Dracula’ Flat
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'